Twelve short videos featuring inspirational tips and tricks from the cutting edge of contemporary electronic music
Native Instruments has released season one of KOMPLETE TruTorials. Following in the footsteps of the ever-popular MASCHINE TruTorials series, each video explains an inspirational sonic tip or trick using KOMPLETE instruments and effects in 90 seconds or less. The sounds featured take inspiration from a current wave of forward-thinking electronic producers, many of whom recently contributed to season one of NI’s Komplete Sketches.
Each video takes the form of an annotated step-by-step method for creating an inspiring sound using Native Instruments instruments and effects. Featured products include MASSIVE, FORM, REPLIKA XT, REAKTOR Blocks, and FM8. For videos in which a more detailed understanding of the process may be helpful, accompanying Knowledge Base articles are provided.
The full tracklist is as follows:
- Snapshot Switchup: Rhythmically switch between snapshots in REAKTOR instruments.
- Lost in Space: Turn a piano riff into an ethereal pad with UNA CORDA.
- Shapeshift & Switch: Use FORM to transform one sample into multiple synth patches, then switch between them on the fly.
- Arpeggi8: Create happy accidents with randomized arpeggios in FM8.
- Apocalyptic Kick: Use REPLIKA XT to transform a kick drum sample into squealing pad texture.
- Mighty Morphing: Morph seamlessly between different sounds in ROUNDS.
- The Vocalizer: Transform your vocals with the GUITAR RIG 5 PRO Harmonic Synthesizer and REFLEKTOR reverb.
- Roll the Dice: Load your own samples into POLYPLEX, create random kit variations, and cycle through them with MIDI.
- The Jackhammer: Use LFOs to create an abrasive, percussive sub bass in MASSIVE.
- Modular Mangling: Add dynamic modulation to any track using REAKTOR Blocks as an effects framework.
- Glitch ‘n’ Go: Use MIDI to apply glitch effects in real time with THE FINGER.
- Out of the Aether: Create harmonic clouds of grain delay with the Aetherizer effect in ABSYNTH 5.